In line with new regulations relating to GDPR introduced on the 25th May 2018 I have taken steps to ensure I meet the new guidelines and continue to work towards improving the privacy of my current and potential clients. Below is a current outline of the data I collect, where it is stored and how it is processed to provide you with your nutrition and or training services.
The personal data I collect from you includes:
- Questions, queries or feedback you leave, including your email address if you contact Ronan personal training
- Your email address and contact details to use my online training services
- Depending on your chosen service from Ronan personal training, to allow me to provide affective service for you, I ask for the following; Height, weight, age, sex, training history, working hours, days/times available to train, average sleep, stress levels, dietary habits, dietary history, dietary preferences, your goal(s) e.g. weight loss, weight gain, weight maintenance
- With your approval; transformation and progression photographs, with gym attire on for monitoring processing and for the purpose of advertising/marketing with your written approval
- PAR-Q - Physical activity readiness questionnaire
Why I need it:
- Collecting this data is necessary for me to provide you with correct nutrition and training plans to suit you and your goals
- Monitoring your progress towards your weight loss, weight maintenance or weight gain goals.
- So that I can place the upmost importance on your health and wellbeing when embarking on a training and nutrition program
- I use your sex, age, height and weight in formulas to develop your energy requirements e.g. Calorie and macronutrient targets
- I use your lifestyle habits, e.g. Working hours, sleep, stress, days/times availability to train to develop a good understanding of your daily schedule to produce a training and nutrition program to work for you
What I do with your data.
The data I collect is solely for the use to provide you with effective nutrition and training.
I will not:
- Sell or rent your data to third parties
- Share your data with third parties for marketing purposes
I will share your data if we are required to do so by law – for example, by court order, or to prevent fraud or other crime.
How long we keep your data.
We will only retain your personal data for:
- The duration that you use Ronan personal training services
- Insurance purposes I will hold your information for a minimum of 7 years or in line with industry standards and/or requirements.
Children’s privacy protection
Our services are not designed for, or intentionally targeted at, children 13 years of age or younger. We do not intentionally collect or maintain data about anyone under the age of 13.
Where your data is processed and stored:
- Your data is collected via a Google forms and stored within Google drive.
- Your completed forms, monitoring forms, progress photos are also stored along with your nutrition and training programs on an secure external hard drive and within a separate private folders designated for you.
How I protect your data and keep it secure
I am committed to doing all that I can to keep your data secure. I’m continually developing systems and processes to protect your data and implementing levels of encryption.
You have the right to request:
- Information about how your personal data is processed
- A copy of that personal data I hold
- That anything inaccurate in your personal data is corrected immediately
You can also:
- Raise an objection about how your personal data is processed
- Request that your personal data is erased if there is no longer a justification for it
- Ask that the processing of your personal data is restricted in certain circumstances
If you have any of these requests, get in contact with me on: firstname.lastname@example.org
Changes to this policy
If these changes affect how your personal data is processed, I will take reasonable steps to let you know.
Contact us or make a complaint
Contact the Data Protection Officer (DPO) if you:
- have any questions about anything in this document
- think that your personal data has been misused or mishandled
Last updated: 5 Aug 2018